- Q?How does it works?
The GentleLASE Pro System, a revolutionary long-pulse high energy alexandrite laser emits a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin to the hair follicle where it is absorbed. The laser energy is transformed into heat, which destroys the hair follicle leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. The skin is further protected during treatment by a DCD where cryogen is sprayed onto the skin cooling the upper layers and providing patients with increased comfort. The GentleLASE Pro selectivity helps to protect the skin, while effectively treating the unwanted hair.
- Q?What happens during the treatment?
Depending on the amount of hair treated. The procedure varies from patient to patient. Generally the treatment will include:
- Wearing safely eyewear to protect the practitioner and patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- A small handpiece will be used that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse.
- A test area will be done prior to the entire treatment. Your full treatment may be done on the same day or up to two weeks later depending on the skin reaction.
- Most patients experience little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device.
- The degree of discomfort varies with each person depending on his/her pain threshold. Topical anesthesia may also be requested based on individual preferences or tolerances. Be sure to discuss this with your practitioner in advance of the laser treatment.
- Q?How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments required depends upon your skin color, hair color and coarseness of the hair. Everyone will require at least 4-6 treatments as the process is only effective on hair during the early growing cycle. Repeat sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the early growth phase.
- Q?What to expect from the treatment?
No laser can claim to have achieved “permanent hair removal”, but medical grade lasers can achieve permanent hair “reduction” with approximately a 70% – 90% reduction in hair growth. These results are dependent on the individual and can be influenced by such things as skin type, hair color, and hormones
- Q?What should I be aware of after the treatment?
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 7 days. Wear a good quality sunscreen with 30 SPF or above.
- Avoid wearing full face make up for 24 hours for face treatment.
- Do not wear any cream that contains Alpha-Hydroxy Acid/Glycolic Acid, Tretinoin acid or AHA for 3 days.
- Do also not use any form of tanning throughout your treatment, including tanning sprays or lotions.
- Hair will start to shed at around 2 weeks post treatment. No tweezing, plucking or waxing. You may shave or use washcloth to exfoliate the hairs.
- Apply cool compress post treatment for comfort.
- Redness may last 2-5 hours up to several days.
- There may be a swelling or itching after treatment. Topical hydrocortisone or Benadryl can be used. Oral antihistamine can also be used.